Monday, February 11, 2008

Changes/Where From Here?

We had room changes Saturday...

God has blessed me tremendously with my new room. The two girls I have right now are absolutely amazing. Honestly, I was really surprised when I found out what two girls I would be getting because I wasn't expecting them at all, but it's great. One of them has only been here for about a month and a half and she has some unique issues she's dealing with but she loves the Lord. She is very open about her past and her feelings, as well as her relationship with the Lord and she makes time to spend with Him daily. I'm really excited about being able to walk through these next few months with her, as these will probably be the most difficult of her time here. The other is a little that I was assigned to when I first came here and I didn't get the opportunity to know her very well then, so i'm looking forward to living with her and catching up. She is getting ready to graduate the program soon, so it's cool that i'll be able to finish up with her as her big again. :)
We're also going to be getting a new girl in on Wednesday that will be living in my room with me. I don't know very much about her other than she has a history of running away and she will be coming into our program straight out of juvie. She does know she is coming here and from her application, it seems that she is ready for the change and ready to work out her issues. If you guys could remember to lift her and her family up in prayer as they are making this step that would be wonderful. Also, that the Lord would give me the wisdom and discernment I need to minister to her in the way that she needs it and that I would be able to comfort her and help her be at ease here in this new and what can be a slightly overwhelming place.

I've also really been debating and turning over in my mind what the Lord has for me after my year of LeadTime is over. Right now the options i'm praying over are seminary, staying here and applying for the internship and/or house director positions (which would mean another 1-2 yr. commitment to Doulos), or going home and working possibly at my church again and taking some time off. It's so overwhelming and I honestly have no idea where the Lord is leading me right now. I'm willing to follow Him, whatever direction He asks me to go in, but it's just a scary thing. Any input or prayers in this area would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to any (if any) and all who take the time to read these. May God bless you!

In Him,
Shannon

No comments: